— Federal Gun Charges
MATTHEW PILLADO PLLC
We are a team of tough and determined attorneys ready to back you up. Our expertise in criminal defense is what you need to beat your case.
Contact Matthew Pillado PLLC now for a free consultation!
4425 W. Airport Fwy Suite 452 Irving Tx, 75062
Monday – Friday|8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Available by phone 24/7
FACING FEDERAL WEAPON OR GUN CHARGES?
We understand that the US law surrounding tax fraud can be difficult to navigate. Our lawyers at Matthew Pillado PLLC are here to provide guidance.
I. OBTAINING FIREARMS ILLEGALLY
Federal law requires you to pass background checks before purchasing a gun. Additionally, it is a crime to alter or remove serial numbers – a person who knowingly delivers, transports, or possesses a gun that has an altered or removed serial number can face a sentence up to 5 years.
II. CARRYING A FIREARM IN CONNECTION WITH CRIMES
Federal laws provide severe penalties for carrying or possessing a firearm during the commission of violent crimes and drug transactions.
IV. UNLAWFUL POSSESSION
- Convicted felons: Anyone convicted in court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.
- Fugitives from justice
- Unlawful user or drug addicts
- Someone who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to a mental institution
- Aliens: someone who is illegally or unlawfully in the United States
- Someone who has been dishonorably discharged from the U.S. Armed Forces
- Someone who has renounced citizenship to the United States
- Someone under a domestic retraining order who has been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence
The following are some common defense strategies against gun charges. For more information CALL us now!
1. No knowledge – The person accused did not act knowingly or with criminal intent to violate federal firearms laws
2. Duress – The person accused of committing the crime needs to prove that he committed the criminal act as a result of threats made by another person.
3. Necessity – The person accused of committing the crime needs to prove that he committed the criminal act as a result of the physical forces of nature.
- University of Notre Dame, B.A.
- Texas A&M University School of Law, J.D.
- Passion is Criminal Defense
- Criminal Defense Attorney
- Universidad Panamericana, Law School
- University of Arizona James E Rogers College of Law, J.D.
Very honest, I was given different options for my case. They are always available when I call them. The girls are very helpful and very kind Michelle has been very attentive when it comes to answering all of my questions. Thank you to the attorneys & the girls for helping me and taking weight off my shoulders.
I highly recommend this law firm. They listened to us, put together a game plan and delivered. Because of them the Air Force will be in our future. They are a great group and I will be referring them to my friends and family if ever needed. Thank you all so much for all that your doing. ❤️
My son Markus and I had such an amazing experience with Mr Pillado. I highly recommend him and his staff. He was on it 24/7. I give him a 100 star review. Always on time and always giving it his all. He was able to drop a felony to a misdemeanor. Why because he was on it and getting all the facts. Best attorney ever. Thanks again Mr Pillado.
Let’s start ON YOUR DEFENSE
4425 W. Airport Fwy Suite 452 Irving, Tx. 75062